Tag Line

The Political and Religious Views of a Not Quite Normal Citizen of the Greatest Country in the World

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Kevin Bott for Mayor

I recently became aware of a campaign by Kevin Bott to become mayor of Syracuse, NY.  I have visited his website and watched his video (see below), and I have to say I'm impressed.  Here is someone willing to take a shot at being Mayor of a major American city who realizes what it's like to be a normal person in this world.  The fact that he's going about it outside of the two party system that has gotten way out of control is wonderful.

Do I agree with him, or the Green Party, on everything?  Nope.  Some of the issue are pretty much the opposite of what I would want.  However, I want to give him a shot.  What we need more of in our government is outsiders.  People that do not look at politics as a career, but as a civic duty.  I believe that Kevin is one of these people and I would like to encourage everyone in Syracuse to vote for him and for as many of the readers here as possible to donate to his campaign (I have pledged $10 myself).

It's my opinion that the two party system is one of the major reasons for this country being in the mess it is currently in.  Whether I agree with the candidate/party or not, I want to encourage as many alternate party candidates as possible to run for as many offices as possible.  Once real people get control, rather than career politicians, I think we'll have a better chance to turn this around.

No comments:

Post a Comment